AT A GLANCE
- Parents can watch baby classes
- We offer pre-school aged ballet classes from 2 years to 5 years of age
- We reward our students and recognise achievements
- Air-conditioned premises
- Safe Off street parking
- Operating since 2002
Baby Ballerinas & Co helps to develop a child’s motor skills and stimulate a social involvement with music, ballet and dance.
Baby Ballerinas & Co is a unique Pre-School Dance Program based in Newcastle, Australia. The program was first taught in 2002 and opened with 6 students, by the end of 2005 there were 280 baby ballerinas with classes operating six days per week.
The Baby Ballerinas & Co program was designed by Karen Barker-Rogers, Australian Ballet School graduate, a parent and international professional dancer. Our programs are designed to help:
- Develop a child’s gross motor skills and stimulate a social involvement with music and dance
- Expand the student’s own individual creativity and artistic abilities
- Assure students achieve a sense of rhythm and expression
- Create an appreciation of dance and music, which will remain with the student always and more
Baby Ballerinas guide 3 to 5 year olds through creative and positive use of imagery. The programme helps to develop a child’s gross motor skills and stimulates a social involvement with music & dance.
At Baby Ballerinas & Co, your child will learn ballet technique in a creative, caring and fun way.
For 2 to 3 year olds we operate the “Little Cherubs” class where mums or dads join in and help their little dancers with their first dance steps. At 3 years or when they are ready, they graduate to the Baby Ballerinas & Co class, where parents watch and clap as they try.
Members can join our two Facebook Groups at “Central School of Dance” & “The Baby Ballerinas & Co”. These groups are closed and only available to parents of the studio. Or follow us on our public pages Central School of Dance or Baby Ballerinas & Co
At Baby Ballerinas & Co, your little dancer will learn ballet technique in a creative, caring and fun way. Classes include themed activities and incentives, combined with the unique Baby Ballerinas teaching program.